Triathlon hope Sophie leads East home in Wales
City of Norwich Triathlon Club prospect Sophie Alden led home the Norfolk contingent at the British Triathlon Inter-Regional Championships at Parc Bryn Bach, in Wales.
Alden, who competed for the Eastern Region team in Tri-Star Two, won the league format, gaining her automatic entry for the girls' section.
Also competing were Ellie Bushell, of the North Norfolk Triathlon Club, and Zak Coleman, of Tri-Anglia.
The competition schedule had to be changed due to the water temperature at the Wales site – a blow to Alden, who excels in the water.
However, she was sixth after the first run and third in the following cycle stage to book her a silver medal overall, beaten by the narrowest of margins to gold – just one second.
You may also want to watch:
Bushell finished 13th, with Coleman 19th – the Eastern Region came home a credible seventh overall.
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Man, 83, 'absolutely gutted' after thieves pinch his £2,500 e-bike
- 9 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 10 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city