Treble for the power Rangers
Lakeford Rangers completed a treble by adding the John Savage County Youth Cup to league and league cup triumphs.A 3-0 win over Gorleston Youth took the county's top Under 16 trophy into the club's cabinet for the fourth time.
Lakeford Rangers completed a treble by adding the John Savage County Youth Cup to league and league cup triumphs.
A 3-0 win over Gorleston Youth took the county's top Under 16 trophy into the club's cabinet for the fourth time.
The side, managed by Andy Baker, had also completed the treble at Under 14 level.
Winning the county cup was the perfect farewell to youth soccer for several of the players. They are also members of Wroxham Reserves' Sterry Cup winning team, which Andy helps Mark Wilkinson to run. Having been with Andy since the age of seven many of the players will be looking to continue their development at Trafford Park.
You may also want to watch:
One of the players, centre forward Kenny Reeves, has landed a two-year scholarship with Norwich City FC.
After a goalless first half in the final at Plantation Park, Lakeford turned on the style to clinch success with goals from man of the match Reeves, Jordan Rocastle (the nephew of late England and Arsenal star David Rocastle) and Jamie Marshall, a Manchester United and Liverpool Academy traillist.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 7 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 8 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 9 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
“It was a workmanlike performance in the first half but our quality came through in the second half,” said Baker, whose side are unbeaten, with three Evening News Pink Un Youth Combination league games to go this season.