Treble for the power Rangers
Lakeford Rangers completed a treble by adding the John Savage County Youth Cup to league and league cup triumphs.A 3-0 win over Gorleston Youth took the county's top Under 16 trophy into the club's cabinet for the fourth time.
Lakeford Rangers completed a treble by adding the John Savage County Youth Cup to league and league cup triumphs.
A 3-0 win over Gorleston Youth took the county's top Under 16 trophy into the club's cabinet for the fourth time.
The side, managed by Andy Baker, had also completed the treble at Under 14 level.
Winning the county cup was the perfect farewell to youth soccer for several of the players. They are also members of Wroxham Reserves' Sterry Cup winning team, which Andy helps Mark Wilkinson to run. Having been with Andy since the age of seven many of the players will be looking to continue their development at Trafford Park.
One of the players, centre forward Kenny Reeves, has landed a two-year scholarship with Norwich City FC.
After a goalless first half in the final at Plantation Park, Lakeford turned on the style to clinch success with goals from man of the match Reeves, Jordan Rocastle (the nephew of late England and Arsenal star David Rocastle) and Jamie Marshall, a Manchester United and Liverpool Academy traillist.
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 3 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 4 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 5 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 6 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 7 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 10 'I went to hospital with dental pain - it turns out I had cancer'
“It was a workmanlike performance in the first half but our quality came through in the second half,” said Baker, whose side are unbeaten, with three Evening News Pink Un Youth Combination league games to go this season.