Thorpe, Springwood and Taverham earn UK badminton berth
Thorpe St Andrew, Springwood and Taverham High Schools will all represent Norfolk in the regional Under-14 and Under-16 finals.
The county held its own regional qualifying round at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich, which brought together teams representing all 28 of the Norfolk schools sports partnerships.
Thorpe St Andrew triumphed in the under-14 and under-16 girls' competitions with Springwood (under-14 boys') and Taverham (under-16 boys') also progressing.
The victorious quartet will now play against school teams from Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Essex, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire to stake a claim to play at the National Center Parc's Finals in Nottingham later in the year.
Event co-ordinator Norma Bowen believes the event has been going from strength to strength due to the help of support staff and volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
'Norfolk's Center Parcs county final event has grown once again, to be a really entertaining competition offering opportunities for a varying range of abilities,' she said.
'I'd like to thank all the staff, the volunteers that assisted with the event Maureen Lincoln, Robin Foster, Adam Stubbing and Suzanne Benton and students, for making the competition run very smoothly in difficult circumstances.'
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
• For information on badminton opportunities within Norfolk, call 07917 000441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org