Thorpe, Springwood and Taverham earn UK badminton berth
Thorpe St Andrew, Springwood and Taverham High Schools will all represent Norfolk in the regional Under-14 and Under-16 finals.
The county held its own regional qualifying round at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich, which brought together teams representing all 28 of the Norfolk schools sports partnerships.
Thorpe St Andrew triumphed in the under-14 and under-16 girls' competitions with Springwood (under-14 boys') and Taverham (under-16 boys') also progressing.
The victorious quartet will now play against school teams from Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Essex, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire to stake a claim to play at the National Center Parc's Finals in Nottingham later in the year.
Event co-ordinator Norma Bowen believes the event has been going from strength to strength due to the help of support staff and volunteers.
'Norfolk's Center Parcs county final event has grown once again, to be a really entertaining competition offering opportunities for a varying range of abilities,' she said.
'I'd like to thank all the staff, the volunteers that assisted with the event Maureen Lincoln, Robin Foster, Adam Stubbing and Suzanne Benton and students, for making the competition run very smoothly in difficult circumstances.'
- 1 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 2 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 3 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 4 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 5 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 Wakey wakey! Church bells pose dilemma to swanky flats plan
• For information on badminton opportunities within Norfolk, call 07917 000441 or email email@example.com