Acle Rangers back on top of Premier Division after hammering Farmhouse
- Credit: Archant
On a weekend where many games kicked off early so that players could watch the East Anglian derby, Acle Rangers returned to the top of the Premier Division after scoring nine of the 13 goals in their game at Farmhouse.
Schoolhouse are in third spot, a point behind the leaders after beating Trimingham Pilgrims 2-0, whilst there was a first point of the season for Bungay Town in a 3-3 home draw with DE FC.
After knocking them out of the Senior Cup, Brooke have now taken three points from Hellesdon in Division One after a 2-0 victory, whilst The Middle Green moved to within a point of leaders Longdale Rovers – Sam Brookes, Daryl Puttock and Alex Riseborough scoring in a 3-0 win at Windmill Wanderers.
Mischief FC are the new leaders of Division Two. Their 3-3 draw at Barracks saw them go a point clear of morning leaders Marlborough who were beaten 3-2 at home to Woolpack FC for whom Liam Moriaty (2), and Chris Holmes were on target. James Preston hit a treble and Matt Walsh also netted as Vale Longo moved up to third after beating Mettingham 4-1 whilst Briston FC scored five in their win over Hethersett Athletic. Mad Moose got their first points of the season on the board after winning 5-1 at Sprowston Athletic Wildcats.
Brooke Res remain top of Division Three after winning 3-0 at Harleston Town but only on goal difference from Silver Fox who were 5-1 winners over Newsman Celtic. DCS Rapid who had been level on points with the top two before kick off, slumped to a 4-0 home defeat against Norman Wanderers A for whom Luke Southgate hit a hat-trick whilst Ben Atkins also netted. Bungay Town Res hit five (Callum Ling 3, Ashley Ling, Phil Denmark) without reply at East Tuddenham, whilst Bradley Cullum and Alex Robins were on the mark for Hempnall as they beat MC Rovers.
In Division Four, the top two, AFC Norwich and Cellar House both hit six when winning against Rackheath Rangers and Woodton United respectively. FC Viking stayed in touch, winning 4-2 (Jonathan Billing 3, Craig Beeden) at Sporting Iceni and Nelson Athletic were 3-1 victors over Eaton Park Corinthians, Sam Meakins and Jamie Scudder amongst the scorers.
In Division Five Qube FC suffered their first defeat of the season, going down 3-1 at home to Aylsham Sunday, whilst Firside hit seven without reply at FC Viking Res.
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 3 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 4 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 5 'It would mean everything to get it back': Heartfelt plea to reunite widow with engagement ring
- 6 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 7 Smokehouse launches takeaway Sunday roasts with loaded Yorkshire puddings
- 8 'Normal is nerve-wracking': City bosses' plan to keep masks despite rules
- 9 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
Only one game took place in the Under 19's and it saw Long Stratton's James Bemrose net seven times a big win at Heigham Park Rangers.