Spireites A keep grip on top spot
- Credit: LAWRENCE LUSTIG
Spireites A remain leaders of the Norwich and District Snooker League Division One after narrowly beating St Philips B 5-4 – while Woodside Warriors defeated Spireites C 5-4 to move into second place.
Nick Spelman of Warriors had breaks of 88 and 51. Broadland A drop down to third spot, level on points with Warriors, after losing to St Philips A 5-4. Nic Charalambous (St Philips A) won 3-0 and had a break of 52, while Darren Swanston of Broadland A won 3-0. Three frames each for Reggie Edwards (break of 49) and Sam Betts (60) helped Woodside Rockets triumph over Spireites A 7-2.
Leaders of the Second Division, Woodside Dragons, won their fourth match this season against Spireites D 6-3, with David Church winning 3-0 and also achieving a break of 42, while Jim Foulger had breaks of 64 and 44. Woodside Wizards beat Gothic 8-1 and Nigel Lester, with three frames, helped Broadland Bandits defeat Attleborough 7-2.
St Philips B lead the Billiards League after defeating their A team 3-1, with Nathan Mann having six breaks ranging from 107 to 42. Pinebanks Exiles remain in second place, beating Gothic 3-1 and drawing with St Philips A 2-2.
Hethersett B drew 2-2 with Hethersett A and Spireites. Broadland triumphed against Hethersett A 3-1, with Roger Reynolds having a break of 55 and Matthew Lyon 40 and 39.
You may also want to watch:
In the Handicap Snooker League Division One, all matches ended in 7-5 results. Leaders Broadland C lost to St Faiths and Woodside C moved up to second place after beating Broadland A, with Ryan Smith winning 3-0 for Woodside C. St Philips A, in third spot, defeated NCC with Alan Webster (St Philips) and Kevin Blazey (NCC) both winning 3-0. Woodside Peelers beat Hethersett A and Spireites defeated Bayer.
Woodside A went top of the Second Division after beating Woodside Whirlwinds 9-3. Matty Ellison and Sam Betts both won 3-0, with Betts recording a break of 65. Canary Social drew with Broadland B 6-6. Both away legs produced 5-1 victories, with Andrew Fidler (Canary Social) and Steve Johnson (Broadland) both winning 3-0.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school