Spink is still impressing on her return
Taverham's star of the table tennis table has built on her success since the Liverpool Grand Prix in August by winning the band one women's singles at the Bribar Medway Table Tennis Grand Prix.
Lauren Spink, who plays for the Wensum Club in the Norwich and District League, continued her comeback after a three-year absence from tournament play by winning the singles event for players with less than 3,300 ranking points – but also also the prestigious women's open singles in some style. Geoff Ware of the England Table Tennis Association, said: 'Top seed Lauren was playing her usual fast and furious game...well done Lauren – it's great to see you back on the grand prix scene, with five band one titles from your last six events.
'It won't be long before the England selectors take notice of your consistent performances.'
It is not only England selectors who may start to take notice of the Norwich star – with the London Olympics in 2012 moving ever closer.
Spink, pictured, closed out her band one win with victory over Jurate Brazaityte in the final, 11-4 11-7 11-7.
You may also want to watch:
Then Egle Adomelyte was the woman to lose out to Spink in the open final, as the Norwich player won 11-2 11-7 14-12.
The next scheduled ETTA grand prix takes place in Peterborough at the start of next month.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours