South Norfolk league is still a big cricket hit
The fourth season of the South Norfolk Community Cricket League proved to be the most successful yet.
With 37 teams taking part in 136 matches across five leagues, there were plenty of opportunities to impress in the eight-a-side, 16-over format.
The new under-13 girls' softball league could have been won by anyone, but Old Buckenham's consistent performances secured them the inaugural trophy.
In the under-11 league Great Melton left the others trailing as they won all six games by considerable margins. Joe Greenslade was dominant with the bat, scoring several half-centuries.
At under-13 level, Garboldisham defended their title, losing once in a low scoring game to newcomers Cringleford Lodge, who finished runners-up. Just six points separated the four chasing teams.
You may also want to watch:
Bunwell fielded an all-girls team in this league under the South Norfolk District Development banner and a victory against Rocklands Royals lifted their spirits. At under-15 level, Melton wrapped up a brace of titles and lost just once, to Garboldisham.
Last year Hardingham lost out for the under-17 honour despite winning all their games; this time their 100 per cent season was helped by a tie between Garboldisham and Old Buckenham, earning them the honours.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
• Best of 2010 – U17: P Walker (Hardingham, 97 v Bunwell), Tom Fidler (Garboldisham, 3-2 v Diss); U15: C George (Mulbarton, 87no v Hard'm), George Jenner (Saxlingham, 3-5 v Tas Valley); U13: D Taylor (Garb'm, 100no v TV), Matt Thompson (GT Ellingham, 5-8 v SNDDG); U11: Joseph Wilson (TV, 88no v Garb'm), Jonathon Cooper (TV, 3-5 v Rocklands).
• For more details of the South Norfolk Community league, visit: southnorfolkcommunityleague.co.uk