South Norfolk league is still a big cricket hit
The fourth season of the South Norfolk Community Cricket League proved to be the most successful yet.
With 37 teams taking part in 136 matches across five leagues, there were plenty of opportunities to impress in the eight-a-side, 16-over format.
The new under-13 girls' softball league could have been won by anyone, but Old Buckenham's consistent performances secured them the inaugural trophy.
In the under-11 league Great Melton left the others trailing as they won all six games by considerable margins. Joe Greenslade was dominant with the bat, scoring several half-centuries.
At under-13 level, Garboldisham defended their title, losing once in a low scoring game to newcomers Cringleford Lodge, who finished runners-up. Just six points separated the four chasing teams.
Bunwell fielded an all-girls team in this league under the South Norfolk District Development banner and a victory against Rocklands Royals lifted their spirits. At under-15 level, Melton wrapped up a brace of titles and lost just once, to Garboldisham.
Last year Hardingham lost out for the under-17 honour despite winning all their games; this time their 100 per cent season was helped by a tie between Garboldisham and Old Buckenham, earning them the honours.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 8 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 9 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
• Best of 2010 – U17: P Walker (Hardingham, 97 v Bunwell), Tom Fidler (Garboldisham, 3-2 v Diss); U15: C George (Mulbarton, 87no v Hard'm), George Jenner (Saxlingham, 3-5 v Tas Valley); U13: D Taylor (Garb'm, 100no v TV), Matt Thompson (GT Ellingham, 5-8 v SNDDG); U11: Joseph Wilson (TV, 88no v Garb'm), Jonathon Cooper (TV, 3-5 v Rocklands).
• For more details of the South Norfolk Community league, visit: southnorfolkcommunityleague.co.uk