Reepham’s Raiders grab dodgeball finals berth
Reepham Raiders Dodgeball Club's college team has competed on the national stage after qualifying for the UK University and College finals.
The team, made up of students from Reepham High School, finished sixth and is currently third in the East Conference, with the top two going through to the Dodgeball Premier League play-offs.
Raiders can boast the services of England international Ed Skinner, who currently holds the title for the UK's fastest throw at 66mph.
Head of PE at Reepham High, Katie Lake, said: 'I am extremely proud of the amazing progress and achievement that the team has made since I introduced dodgeball into the school two years ago.
'We are gaining in strength and knowledge in every tournament we play, and finishing in the top six is such an amazing feat.'
You may also want to watch:
The Raiders train Wednesdays at the school (6.30-7.30pm). The mixed ability and gender over-16 club is always looking out for new members, and recently did a demonstration outside the Forum, Norwich, to raise money for the Big C and the Pact Animal Sanctuary.
For details on joining in with dodgeball, email Katie Lake at email@example.com or visit www.ukdba.org
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 6 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 7 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 8 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 9 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station