Preparations go well for Caister's Lewis Cornish ahead of supermoto season
Norfolk based schoolboy supermoto ace Lewis Cornish got his 2009 season off to a flyer. The double British Junior Supermoto champion took his TRM Honda to second spot at the NORAsport National Championship opener at Blyton Raceway, behind his team-mate and sponsor Lee Rudd.
Norfolk based schoolboy supermoto ace Lewis Cornish got his 2009 season off to a flyer.
The double British Junior Supermoto champion took his TRM Honda to second spot at the NORAsport National Championship opener at Blyton Raceway, behind his team-mate and sponsor Lee Rudd.
This was despite suffering from a total electrical failure, due to a broken connection, during qualifying that meant he had to start from last.
But Cornish powered his way through the pack on the fastest track in British supermoto to take his place on the podium.
The following weekend saw Lewis dominating rounds one and two of the Southern Supermoto Championships at Lydd International Raceway in Kent.
The 16 year-old racer took pole positions and five out of the six race wins against much more experienced opposition, to put his HM Racing prepared bike on the top step of the podium.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 7 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
- 8 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 9 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 10 9 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Norwich
This encouraging start to the season prepares Lewis for the start of the prestigious British Supermoto Championship, which returns to television screens this year.
Cornish, the all action bike sport's youngest ever champion, will be on your screens from this month - further details can be found at britishsupermoto.net/2009/02/lewis-cornish