Preparations go well for Caister's Lewis Cornish ahead of supermoto season
Norfolk based schoolboy supermoto ace Lewis Cornish got his 2009 season off to a flyer. The double British Junior Supermoto champion took his TRM Honda to second spot at the NORAsport National Championship opener at Blyton Raceway, behind his team-mate and sponsor Lee Rudd.
Norfolk based schoolboy supermoto ace Lewis Cornish got his 2009 season off to a flyer.
The double British Junior Supermoto champion took his TRM Honda to second spot at the NORAsport National Championship opener at Blyton Raceway, behind his team-mate and sponsor Lee Rudd.
This was despite suffering from a total electrical failure, due to a broken connection, during qualifying that meant he had to start from last.
But Cornish powered his way through the pack on the fastest track in British supermoto to take his place on the podium.
You may also want to watch:
The following weekend saw Lewis dominating rounds one and two of the Southern Supermoto Championships at Lydd International Raceway in Kent.
The 16 year-old racer took pole positions and five out of the six race wins against much more experienced opposition, to put his HM Racing prepared bike on the top step of the podium.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 New pop-up dried flower store opens in Norwich
This encouraging start to the season prepares Lewis for the start of the prestigious British Supermoto Championship, which returns to television screens this year.
Cornish, the all action bike sport's youngest ever champion, will be on your screens from this month - further details can be found at britishsupermoto.net/2009/02/lewis-cornish