Pentney's woes continue as season nears its end
This weekend's matches in the Norfolk CIBA County League saw several of the promotion and relegation issues settled. Hunstanton A travelled to Pentney A in Division Two for an important relegation battle and won 91-73 to leave their hosts still struggling to avoid the drop out of the division.
This weekend's matches in the Norfolk CIBA County League saw several of the promotion and relegation issues settled.
Hunstanton A travelled to Pentney A in Division Two for an important relegation battle and won 91-73 to leave their hosts still struggling to avoid the drop out of the division.
Ken Morrision's rink for Hunstanton top-scored with 35-21. However, the six points picked up by Hunstanton have condemned County Arts B to playing next season in Division Three.
In the other match played in the division, Lynnsport won away to Diss A 89-73, with Stephen Winter's rink winning 32-14.
You may also want to watch:
The race to move up into Division Two now looks a little clearer, with Shotford A being assured of promotion, despite losing heavily at Lakeside B 91-54, with John Wright's rink for Lakeside winning 26-10.
Brecks A have moved into the second promotion place following their win at home to already-relegated Wymondham B 103-60, with their rink skipped by Peter Scott winning 28-8.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
However, they must wait for both Lakeside B and Old Hall to finish their league programmes to see if they will be promoted.
Old Hall kept themselves in the promotion battle by winning a close match away at Norfolk BC B 78-66, Alan Willer's rink top-scoring 29-10.
Pinewood Park B have won the second promotion place in Division Four after they beat champions Norfolk BC C at home 93-64, with David Daniels rink winning 34-15.
Despite winning at home to County Arts C 111-54 (top rink for Acle, M Askham 39-12), Acle C just missed out on promotion by two points. The other match played in the division saw Gallow B beat Diss B at home 85-70.
In Division Five, the two promoted teams played each other, with Browston B beating Dereham B at home 107-59.
The only match in Division One saw County Arts A beat Gallow A at home 86-74, despite the Gallow rink skipped by Paul Shackcloth top-scoring 33-11.