Norwich United 0 Ware 0: Planters miss chance to close gap on rivals
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich United may rue not taking their chances in this goalless encounter at home to Ware.
The Planters missed out on the opportunity to close the gap on their opponents although they did move a point further away from bottom club Romford who lost at home to Waltham Abbey.
Both sides had the ball in the net, Junior Appiah for the visitors from an offside position after 15 minutes, whilst Shaun Wones netted nine minutes from time hitting home after his header at the far post was blocked but the referee whistled for a push.
Adam Hipperson's strong run into the box saw him square the ball when he perhaps should have shot and Liam Jackson glanced a header wide as the Planters finished strongly whilst Ware were always a threat on the break and could have stolen the points at the death when Murat Karagul fired wide of the near post.
Planters: Wilton, Probert, Brown, Applegate, Wones, Watts, Stewart (Mackie 88), Pollock, Henery (Oyeniran 69), Jackson, Hipperson. Unused subs: Eastaugh, Crosby, Johnson.
You may also want to watch:
Ware: Coulton, Madden, Oujdi, Maxwell (Larner 69), Symons, White, Appiah, Abdullah, Karagul, Brown (Siligato 83), Milner. Unused subs: Douglas, Guy, Bryne-Hewit.
Referee: Richard Owen. Assistants: Dario Mathewson & Lewis Venabales.
- 1 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 4 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 5 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 6 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 7 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Fish and chip shop offering battered birthday cake to celebrate 50 years
- 10 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available