Norwich Sunday League round-up: Acle Rangers cruise into next round after fine display at William Burt
- Credit: Archant
County Cups took centre stage this weekend with a mixed bag of results for our competing teams.
In the Senior Cup last season's beaten finalists Acle Rangers progressed to the next round after winning 3-0 at King's Lynn side William Burt, whilst Woolpack hit a dozen when defeating Southery ASA at the FDC.
There was a great effort from Division One side Hethersett Athletic who came from behind to beat Poringland Wanderers 2-1. Riverside Rovers also came from behind to win 4-1 at Marlborough whilst Mischief were another Division One side that knocked out Premier opponents, beating Trimingham Pilgrims 4-1.
Phoenix went out of the competition as they went down 3-2 at home to Yarmouth side El Sol and Aslacton made the long trip to Englands Hope only to lose by a single goal. New boy Jamie Forshaw scored twice whilst Nathan Page and Ben Potts were also on target as Hewett OB's beat Schoolhouse 4-2 aet but Drayton Dazzlers went out, losing 5-3 at home to Chilvers and Farmhouse lost heavily at holders, Windmill.
In the Junior Cup AFC Norwich scored five of the eight goals in their game against Mulbarton Wanderers, whilst Dynamo also scored five as they progressed at Acle Rangers Res. East Tuddenham secured a 3-1 win at Hellesdon as did Old Catton at Newsman Celtic, whilst Hempnall were 4-1 winners over Yelverton and DCS Rapid won 2-1 against Sporting Iceni to reach the next round.
You may also want to watch:
MC Rovers won 4-2 at Norman Wanderers A and Easton hit at dozen when winning at Earsham. There were good wins for Rackheath Rangers, 3-2 at AG Athletic and Aylsham, 3-0 at Nelsons Athletic, whilst Watton United scored six without reply at Woodton United. Moose Park Rangers beat Thetford side Danepak FC 2-1 but Eaton sadly went down 2-1 at home to Norfolk Terriers. Salhouse Rovers are another to progress to the third round as they beat Holt United 5-2 at home.
In League action Norman Wanderers beat Windmill Wanderers 2-0 in Division One whilst in the Third Division Eaton Park Corinthians completed a quickfire double over Cellar House beating them 3-0.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 7 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 8 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 9 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
The one game played in Division Four saw Bunwell AFC beat Felthorpe 5-2.