Norwich's windsurfers make a splash
Six young windsurfers from the Norwich Force 8 club took top five places in an Eastern Region event at Stanborough Lakes near Welwyn Garden City.Three of them came in the 6.
Six young windsurfers from the Norwich Force 8 club took top five places in an Eastern Region event at Stanborough Lakes near Welwyn Garden City.
Three of them came in the 6.8 metre class with Harriet Hudspith and Lucy Bridge taking second and third place behind winner Henry Seifert with Harriet Fry fifth.
Rowena Conway and Sam Garforth were fourth and fifth respectively in the 5.8 metre class, which was won by the host club's Alec Goldstone. And Elisa Bolton was third in the 3.5 metre class.
The event was one of several in the region forming a round robin from which representatives will be selected for the national finals, which take place at Rutland Water in September.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Man, 83, 'absolutely gutted' after thieves pinch his £2,500 e-bike
- 9 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 10 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city