Norwich Road Runners to hold event to raise awareness around mental health
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Road Runners will be holding an event on Wednesday to help raise awareness of the benefits that physical activity has on people's wellbeing.
The #RunAndTalk event, which is being held in association with England Athletics and mental health charity, Mind, takes place from 6-6.30pm when Norwich Road Runners will be gathering on St James Hill, off Britannia Road.
A 2.5 mile run/jog/walk will be undertaken as the club looks to celebrate all the reasons people run and join a club for fitness, to get faster, chase personal bests or to meet new people. Refreshments will be available after.
The aim of the initiative is to get people talking about mental health, raise awareness of mental health problems and to support people with mental health problems that want to be physically active.
Anybody interested in running, or wanting to speak to someone about mental health and wellbeing, is welcome to attend.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home