'Another step towards the title' - City fans rejoice in Wycombe win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's position at the summit of the Championship was strengthened by a comfortable 2-0 victory over struggling Wycombe Wanderers.
Goals from Teemu Pukki and Adam Idah secured the victory for the Canaries, with Daniel Farke's side now sitting 10 points clear of third-placed Watford.
The result concludes a wonderful weekend for the Canaries as their push for an instant return to the Premier League continues. Wycombe may sit at the foot of the table but caused several problems for the table-toppers.
Gareth Ainsworth felt his side should have been awarded a penalty in the second half when Tim Krul seemed to foul substitute Nnamdi Ofoborh from a corner. City were forced to be patient, but did emerge as winners to move seven points clear of second-placed Brentford.
Norwich now prepare for the visit of the Bees at Carrow Road on Wednesday.
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City fans above and below
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 3 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 4 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 5 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 6 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 9 'It's very very noisy' - broken manhole cover keeps couple awake at night
- 10 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles