What is the job of an assessor?
Paul Lambert, Norwich City managerHaving lost our appeal against Darel Russell's sending off on Saturday, it was interesting watching Chelsea playing on Wednesday against Inter Milan in the Champions League.Paul Lambert, Norwich City manager
Having lost our appeal against Darel Russell's sending off on Saturday, it was interesting watching Chelsea playing on Wednesday against Inter Milan in the Champions League.
Some of the challenges in that game were high as well, and the referee used common sense.
There was no intent at all in any of those challenges, just like there was no intent in Darel's. I'll stick up and defend Darel all day long. I think it was a woeful decision on Saturday and woeful for people to look at that and think that they couldn't overturn it. The lad has been brilliant for me and it was never a sending off - the assessor even said it, so what is the point of having an assessor there if he can't even influence what is happening? It's poor, really poor.
You may also want to watch:
t Paul Lambert's weekly column appears in full in the Evening News every Friday
- 1 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 6 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 7 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Fish and chip shop offering battered birthday cake to celebrate 50 years
- 10 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home