We’ll do everything we can for success
Paul Lambert, Norwich City managerWe produced a very good display against Yeovil last week and again showed our ability to maintain our level of performance for 90 minutes. Although we got the early goal and controlled the game, we had to be patient and keep working hard to extend that lead and secure three points.Paul Lambert, Norwich City manager
We produced a very good display against Yeovil last week and again showed our ability to maintain our level of performance for 90 minutes.
Although we got the early goal and controlled the game, we had to be patient and keep working hard to extend that lead and secure three points.
As we have shown before, we were able to keep going and score goals in the last quarter of matches, which shows our fitness and determination.
To be nine points clear of third place in League One with 11 games to go is a good position to be in, when you consider how the season started.
You may also want to watch:
When we arrived at the club, people said they just wanted us to try to get into the play-off positions.
Now we are top, you hear that we should have done this or that, but it has not been easy to get to where we are at the moment, and it was never going to be.
- 1 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 2 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 3 Neighbours celebrate Norfolk Day bar win with street party
- 4 Bars and clubs see busy night as police up patrols
- 5 'Freedom Day' Hindu wedding in Norwich watched by 5m plus people
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 8 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down
- 9 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 10 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
Tomorrow we go to Huddersfield and Darel Russell is available again after suspension.
The lads have done a terrific job and won three games in his absence but Rusty has played a major part in getting us where we are and where we want to be.
His return gives me another selection option for tomorrow and it's a good position to be in. He will be in the squad but whether he plays you'll have to wait and see - I will pick the team I think gives us the best chance of winning the game.
t Paul Lambert's weekly column appears in full in the Evening News every Friday