Return of Holt is a big boost
Paul Lambert, Norwich City managerIt was a shame that our long unbeaten run came to an end at Millwall last weekend but the result has certainly not affected the spirit of the players. The mood has been exactly the same in training this week as it was when we were winning those eight games in a row.Paul Lambert, Norwich City manager
It was a shame that our long unbeaten run came to an end at Millwall last weekend but the result has certainly not affected the spirit of the players.
The mood has been exactly the same in training this week as it was when we were winning those eight games in a row.
What the lads achieved leading up to last Saturday's game was remarkable but no team on earth can hope to win every single game. Look at Chelsea, losing at Everton on Wednesday night, or Manchester United, who have lost five Premier League games this season - take any team you want and they are all beaten occasionally.
You can't argue with what our players have achieved over the past six months. This group of lads has been terrific and the important thing now is that we can get over this one defeat, go again and win the next match at Brighton tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Getting Grant Holt back after his suspension is a huge boost for us as he has played a massive part in our progress up to now. But that is no criticism of the players who replaced him in the last three matches. I think everybody was afraid of what might happen when the captain and top scorer was suspended but the lads who came in did brilliantly.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 5 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Virtual reality centre opens in Norwich with huge choice of games
- 8 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
t Paul Lambert's weekly column appears in full in the Evening News every Friday