Return of Holt is a big boost
Paul Lambert, Norwich City managerIt was a shame that our long unbeaten run came to an end at Millwall last weekend but the result has certainly not affected the spirit of the players. The mood has been exactly the same in training this week as it was when we were winning those eight games in a row.Paul Lambert, Norwich City manager
It was a shame that our long unbeaten run came to an end at Millwall last weekend but the result has certainly not affected the spirit of the players.
The mood has been exactly the same in training this week as it was when we were winning those eight games in a row.
What the lads achieved leading up to last Saturday's game was remarkable but no team on earth can hope to win every single game. Look at Chelsea, losing at Everton on Wednesday night, or Manchester United, who have lost five Premier League games this season - take any team you want and they are all beaten occasionally.
You can't argue with what our players have achieved over the past six months. This group of lads has been terrific and the important thing now is that we can get over this one defeat, go again and win the next match at Brighton tomorrow.
Getting Grant Holt back after his suspension is a huge boost for us as he has played a massive part in our progress up to now. But that is no criticism of the players who replaced him in the last three matches. I think everybody was afraid of what might happen when the captain and top scorer was suspended but the lads who came in did brilliantly.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 6 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 7 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 8 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 9 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
- 10 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
t Paul Lambert's weekly column appears in full in the Evening News every Friday