Real blow to lose Drury and skipper
Paul Lambert, Norwich City managerSadly Adam Drury picked up a thigh injury on Tuesday and he'll miss out tomorrow.It might be a couple of weeks but it could be a bit longer that he's out, so we'll have to wait and see.Paul Lambert, Norwich City manager
Sadly Adam Drury picked up a thigh injury on Tuesday and he'll miss out tomorrow.
It might be a couple of weeks but it could be a bit longer that he's out, so we'll have to wait and see. It's a blow because Adam has been terrific for me.
It's as much of a blow as it was to lose Grant Holt to suspension because he has been in terrific form for us.
The transfer window closes on Monday and we will try and get somebody in to give us a hand. I know there is always speculation linking you with this player and when you see them, some are so far off the mark that you think 'hang on a minute, they are nowhere near'.
You may also want to watch:
Everybody knows we don't have bucket-loads of money but we'll try and see who is out there and what we can do to bring someone in give us a hand.
On the other side of the coin, I was at the reserves' match at Stevenage on Wednesday and the lads did really fine.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
We had some experienced ones playing and they needed games, like Zak Whitbread, Anthony McNamee, Paul McVeigh, Matty Gill, Tom Adeyemi. Cody McDonald too, who also scored the winner on Tuesday.
I need people to step up to the plate. That is the kind of reaction I'm looking to get from people and he has left me with food for thought and that's what I need.
I'd be more worried if I thought somebody had been given a chance and not taken it.
To be fair, everyone one of the lads have given me something in return.
The game was too early for Michael Spillane but he will play in the reserves' next game against Wycombe next week.
t Paul Lambert's weekly column appears in full in the Evening News every Friday