City confirm new date for Millwall trip
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have confirmed the new date for their Championship trip to Millwall, following progression to the fourth round of the FA Cup.
The Canaries will head to The Den on Tuesday, February 2 for a 7pm kick-off in south London, with City also confirming that means the game will be available to view via their iFollow feed.
The change was needed following Saturday's 2-0 home win over Coventry in the FA Cup, which has set up a trip to Championship rivals Barnsley in the fourth round on the weekend of January 22-24, with details of that tie yet to be confirmed.
The draw was made on Monday night, with the fifth round draw also made to help with scheduling during a congested season, which offered up a home tie against Chelsea or Luton for the winner.
Millwall currently sit 17th in the Championship table, six points clear of the relegation zone, but they earned a 0-0 draw against the current leaders at Carrow Road in November.
The rearranged game will sit between City's home clash with Middlesbrough on Saturday, January 30 (12.30pm) and a trip to Swansea the following Saturday.
For Millwall the game sits between a match at Cardiff on the Saturday before and a home game against Sheffield Wednesday the following Saturday.
- 1 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 6 Military begin coronavirus support at hospital
- 7 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 8 Four fire crews called to car blaze in Norwich garage
- 9 'Look twice' - Biker's plea after breaking both legs in head-on crash
- 10 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
The Canaries won 3-1 at The Den in March 2019, during their Championship title-winning season, but famously slumped to a 4-0 defeat there in August 2017 during the early days of Daniel Farke's reign.