City Q&A Recap: Incomings, outgoings and future planning
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have a club mantra instructing their players to ignore the noise, once again, Emi Buendia's ear defences are under threat of being breached from the constant shouting over a potential move to Arsenal.
There have been no tangible developments on that front, nor has there been any contact. Former Arsenal player Kevin Campbell threw his weight behind the potential move - not that it will have any impact from the Canaries perspective.
In terms of incomings, Orjan Nyland has been linked with a move to the club. The Norweigan is under consideration as City continue their search for a back-up goalkeeper this month.
Dan Barden impressed at the weekend but Tim Krul's positive Covid-19 diagnosis may mean City step up that search this week.
City would be keen on adding a left-back this month, although there are a series of moving parts in that pursuit. The return of Bali Mumba may play a part as well as Sam Byram's recovery from a hamstring injury that has ruled him out of action for nearly a year.
Beyond the transfer window, the draws for the FA Cup fourth and fifth-round take place on Monday evening, with the Canaries looking to replicate the success they had in the competition last season.
- You can recap our weekly Monday lunchtime Q&A with our Canaries correspondent Connor Southwell above
- 1 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 5 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison