Matchday Recap: City top and unbeaten in 10 after draw with Coventry
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Injury-hit Norwich City returned to Carrow Road action with a 1-1 draw with Coventry this afternoon, to continue as Championship leaders and extend an unbeaten run to 10 matches.
The Canaries' injury crisis has deepened since they last played at home prior to the international break, beating Swansea 1-0 thanks to a late strike from Marco Stiepermann.
Tim Krul, Teemu Pukki and Kenny McLean were all in the starting line-up that day, as was Emi Buendia, who serves a one-game ban after a midweek red card for picking up two bookings.
Bali Mumba came off the bench that day and made a big impact but has been ruled until February with a knee injury, while strikers Jordan Hugill and Adam Idah were also on the bench that day but are now also out injured.
Despite those struggles, with Todd Cantwell, Xavi Quintilla, Sam Byram, Kieran Dowell and Onel Hernandez all out as well, Daniel Farke's team won 1-0 at Middlesbrough last Saturday and 3-2 at Stoke on Tuesday, to move to the top of the table prior to this weekend's action
- You can follow all the action, analysis and reaction from Carrow Road with our reporters in the live blog above
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 3 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 6 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 7 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 8 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Military begin coronavirus support at hospital