New beer to honour Norwich heroes
An award-winning brewery has launched a beer in recognition of Norwich City's promotion to the Premier League.
Winter's Brewery, which was set up in 2001, has brewed 'On The Beer City' which is now on sale at various pubs including the Kings Head in Magdalen Street, Norwich and organisations in Norfolk.
Winter's Brewery, based in Keelan Close, Hellesdon, has won many awards and David Winter has twice brewed the Champion Beer of Great Britain.
The beer was launched at Potters Leisure Resort in Hopton, near Great Yarmouth, on Bank Holiday Monday, May 2 - the night that Norwich achieved promotion to the Premier League, and was brewed by award-winning father and son, David and Mark Winter.
Mark Winter said: 'We brewed it obviously before Norwich were promoted, but City were doing really well, and we hoped that they would get promotion. If they had not we would still have launched the beer to promote the club's push to the Premier League. It also coincides with the City of Ale Festival which starts later in the month in Norwich.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 6 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 9 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 10 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction