New beer to honour Norwich heroes
An award-winning brewery has launched a beer in recognition of Norwich City's promotion to the Premier League.
Winter's Brewery, which was set up in 2001, has brewed 'On The Beer City' which is now on sale at various pubs including the Kings Head in Magdalen Street, Norwich and organisations in Norfolk.
Winter's Brewery, based in Keelan Close, Hellesdon, has won many awards and David Winter has twice brewed the Champion Beer of Great Britain.
The beer was launched at Potters Leisure Resort in Hopton, near Great Yarmouth, on Bank Holiday Monday, May 2 - the night that Norwich achieved promotion to the Premier League, and was brewed by award-winning father and son, David and Mark Winter.
Mark Winter said: 'We brewed it obviously before Norwich were promoted, but City were doing really well, and we hoped that they would get promotion. If they had not we would still have launched the beer to promote the club's push to the Premier League. It also coincides with the City of Ale Festival which starts later in the month in Norwich.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 4 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 9 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food