MATCHDAY RECAP: City beat Millers for third win on the spin
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Championship leaders Norwich City host spirited survival scrappers Rotherham at Carrow Road this afternoon, as they try to maintain their four-point lead at the summit (3pm kick-off).
Nearest rivals Brentford are in action first, in a 12.30 kick-off away to Coventry, as they look to bounce back from consecutive defeats to cut the Canaries' lead.
Then it's over to Daniel Farke's team to try and build on a 4-1 home win over Stoke last Saturday and a 2-0 win at Coventry on Wednesday, which reclaimed top spot after a four-game goal drought.
Rotherham, who have bounced between the Championship and League One during the last four season, under the stewardship of Norfolk-born former Wroxham and Diss forward Paul Warne, are 21st and just a point clear of the relegation zone.
The Milers lost 1-0 at Bournemouth and Wednesday and 2-1 at home to Cardiff last Saturday but pushed Norwich hard at the New York Stadium back in October, when a Jordan Hugill penalty was needed in the fifth minute of injury-time for City to win 2-1.
The South Yorkshire side have struggled defensively but have offered more of a goal threat than most of their survival rivals, beating Derby twice as well as Middlesbrough and Preston since the turn of the year.
- You can follow all the updates, analysis and reaction from Carrow Road in the live blog above
- 1 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 2 Police concerned for 25-year-old missing man from Norwich
- 3 Vigil begins as body of 'selfless' nurse arrives at cathedral
- 4 Councillor questions need for new homes plan near Norwich
- 5 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 6 What a view: Unique apartment in former Norwich school is for sale
- 7 Former city boxing champion denies threats to slash partner's throat
- 8 'It's family and it was taken away' - how pandemic hit hospitality staff
- 9 New £1.9m council car park gets go-ahead despite opposition
- 10 Craig David announces 2021 outdoor concert in Norwich