I am so proud of everyone
Paul Lambert, Norwich City managerClinching promotion to the Championship with our 1-0 win at Charlton was a very special moment for everyone connected with Norwich City. As I said after the match, I was more delighted for the players, the supporters and the directors than for myself.Paul Lambert, Norwich City manager
Clinching promotion to the Championship with our 1-0 win at Charlton was a very special moment for everyone connected with Norwich City.
As I said after the match, I was more delighted for the players, the supporters and the directors than for myself.
This is a brilliant football club with great fans and a vibrant atmosphere, and it is absolutely terrific for them to have something to celebrate after some difficult times in recent years.
In the match itself, we had three big players missing, but everyone in the side contributed to the victory.
Grant Holt was suspended but I had faith in the squad because we have done well without him on previous occasions and everyone who has come in has played their part.
I am proud of every player I have in this squad and what they have achieved.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 £3.1m roadworks on new bus lane and crossings could last for ONE YEAR
- 5 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 6 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Seven-bed Edwardian home with heated swimming pool for sale
- 9 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month
- 10 'The end of an icon' - A look back at the history of The Talk
t Paul Lambert's weekly column appears in full in the Evening News every Friday