Give yourselves a hand
Paul Lambert, Norwich City managerWe have a double celebration to look forward to this week with the presentation of the League One trophy tomorrow, and then our parade and civic reception in the city on Thursday evening.Paul Lambert, Norwich City manager
We have a double celebration to look forward to this week with the presentation of the League One trophy tomorrow, and then our parade and civic reception in the city on Thursday evening.
The trophy will not be presented until after tomorrow's game against Carlisle and that is how it should be, because we must first concentrate on the important business of trying to end our season with another win.
Once the match is over, though, I hope everyone - the players, the staff and the supporters - will enjoy the occasion because these events don't come round every day.
The fans have been magnificent at home and away and it's great to be able to have some silverware to show them as a reward for the part they have played in our success this season. I am sure everyone will enjoy the moment and will co-operate in making sure tomorrow's presentation goes smoothly and safely.
You may also want to watch:
Thursday's parade is well-deserved recognition for what the players have achieved and it should be a great night.
Every team is in League One for one reason or another and not many teams get back up into the Championship at the first attempt, so their achievement should not be under-estimated.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
There are not many occasions like this in a player's career and it will be the biggest moment so far for some of them, especially a lot of the young lads in the squad.
It's a great event for the players and the fans and I am sure they will turn out in their thousands.
t Paul Lambert's weekly column appears in full in the Evening News every Friday