Watch highlights of Norwich City's 2-1 win over Southampton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Dean Smith era got off to a strong start at Carrow Road and now you can relive the excitement with extended highlights of Norwich City's revitalising 2-1 win over Southampton.
The afternoon had started badly, with a Grant Hanley misjudgement ruthlessly punished by Saints striker Che Adams in the fourth minute but the hosts were swiftly back on level terms.
Milot Rashica and Max Aarons linked well on the right and the latter crossed for Teemu Pukki to squeeze a header in at the near post in the eighth minute, to score his fourth goal of the Premier League season.
It was a largely disjointed first half but the Canaries were much better after half-time, with Alex McCarthy denying a fierce Pukki shot shortly before Hanley made amends for his early error.
The City skipper rose at the back post to nod down a Billy Gilmour at the Barclay end and tee up the victory, although there was a huge sigh of relief when Theo Walcott headed wide from close range for the visitors deep into injury-time.
It was the first time Norwich have won back-to-back games in the Premier League since April 2016, a wait of 56 top-flight matches, and was also the first time City had come from behind to win in the top flight since May 2016.
- You can watch extended highlights in the video above and listen to the verdict of our Canaries correspondents below, in the latest episode of the Pink Un Podcast
NCFC EXTRA: Norwich City players savour victory over Saints
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 3 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 4 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 5 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
- 6 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 7 'A palace reborn': Inside the £13.5m revamp of Norwich Castle
- 8 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 9 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 10 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in