Crystal Palace boss Burley is not one to gloat
Crystal Palace boss George Burley insisted victory over the Canaries gave him no additional pleasure – despite his long Ipswich Town association.
Burley's Palace side scored their first away goals and secured their first away win of the season with their 2-1 success at Carrow Road, but he did not hark back to old derby rivalries.
'No – it is three points. For me, Crystal Palace, we need the points.
'We are trying to build something here and it is not going to happen overnight,' he said.
'I took over in June with nine or 10 players and we have six loans at the moment, so it's a building process. You need to win games to breed confidence and I'm sure that will help us.'
You may also want to watch:
Burley expects City to be among the Championship front-runners despite taking three points against them.
He said: 'There was some very good football played. Norwich will be right up there at the end of the season, I'm sure.
- 1 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 4 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 5 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 6 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 7 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Fish and chip shop offering battered birthday cake to celebrate 50 years
- 10 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
'Coming here with the great home support they have got is never easy, but thankfully we came out on top.
'We were disappointed to concede a goal right on half-time but we kept going and got a couple of good goals. The performances haven't been bad but we haven't been scoring goals.
'It's putting the ball in the net. That is our problem. That's something you could see tonight with numerous chances.