PRESSER: Watford v City - Tim Krul ruled out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Dean Smith previewed Norwich City’s Premier League game at Watford - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss.
Tim Krul is ruled out for Friday's relegation battle at Vicarage Road with a shoulder injury. Smith confirmed on Thursday he is now awaiting a full update from his medical department to assess the extent of the lay-off, with Krul scheduled to visit a consultant.
Krul headed straight for the tunnel clutching his right shoulder after a heavy landing in the final moments of a 2-1 Premier League home win against Everton.
Max Aarons and Brandon Williams are both available for the Hornets' showdown, after departing in the closing stages against the Toffees. Kenny McLean also returns after his period of self-isolation.
Smith reported no fresh injury concerns from the squad who were on duty against Everton.
Christoph Zimmermann will make his long awaited comeback from an ankle layoff with a development run out on Friday. Zimmermann was pictured taking part in the early minutes of a media access training session on Wednesday.
Midfield duo Billy Gilmour (ankle) and Mathias Normann (pelvis) are two to three weeks away from coming back into Smith's selection thoughts. Normann, Gilmour, Andrew Omobamidele (back) and Lukas Rupp (hamstring) are all targeting a return against Wolves in the FA Cup early next month.
- 1 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 2 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 3 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 4 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 5 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 6 Hunt to track vandals who broke into jet after cutting wire fence
- 7 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 London man, 25, charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 10 Wakey wakey! Church bells pose dilemma to swanky flats plan
Recap the press conference in the window below, with full reaction and build up to City’s game at Watford throughout the rest of the day on pinkun.com