Placheta completes Birmingham loan move
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City winger Przeymslaw Placheta has completed a season-long loan to Birmingham City.
The Polish international will spend the season at St Andrew's as Norwich seek to trim their squad ahead of the start of the Championship campaign.
Placheta made just a dozen Premier League appearances under Daniel Farke and Dean Smith last season and Norwich were open to a potential exit last summer before Onel Hernandez moved to Middlesbrough.
Norwich signed Placheta for a fee in the region of £3m following their previous relegation from the Premier League in the hope of developing him into a consistent first-team option.
Despite both Farke and Smith being fans of the Polish international, there is now an acceptance that Placheta won't be exposed to the amount of football he may like, especially as he seeks to stake his claim for Poland.
Norwich have a bloated squad containing north of 30 players and Smith admitted after City's opening pre-season friendly victory against Dereham Town last Friday that the squad required trimming ahead of the new Championship campaign.
Christos Tzolis could also depart the club on a loan deal this summer with Club Brugge heading the race for his signature with speculation around Milot Rashica's future persisting.
- 1 Keep it down! Prisoner rows causing 'mini riots' in quiet estate
- 2 Two-bed period cottage with balcony overlooking walled garden for sale
- 3 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 4 Van offering free burgers coming to Norwich city centre this weekend
- 5 Troublesome 40ft trees have 'wrecked' frustrated woman's garden
- 6 Mystery national firm moving into empty Norwich unit revealed
- 7 7 closed restaurants in Norwich which are missed the most
- 8 New social supermarket opens with discounted food
- 9 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 10 5 chart-topping acts heading to Norwich later this year
The Polish international is expected to gain more minutes under new Blues boss John Eustace with Norwich loan boss Andy Hughes keeping a close eye on his progress next season.
Speaking to the Blues' official channels, Placheta revealed his excitement to get going at the club.
“I am really happy to join Birmingham! The time when I got the message that Birmingham is one option, I was really happy to join and come to Birmingham.
“I can’t wait to join the team at the training camp as well and to get to know every player, the staff and the Head Coach," Placheta told the club's official channels.
“I am really quick. I can bring speed to the team and can play both with and without the ball, but with the ball, I like to dribble. I want to help the team and give my best to help the team achieve their goals."