Carabao Cup - Third Round
Minamino 4 & 80, Origi 50
CANARIES 0 LIVERPOOL 3 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It was another tale of woe for Norwich City as Liverpool brushed past them to progress to the fourth round of the Carabao Cup.
The Canaries changed formation and personnel in an attempt to prompt a response after Saturday's tepid 3-1 defeat to Watford but were routinely beaten by a much changed Liverpool side missing a host of its big hitters.
A brace from Takumi Minamino and a header from Divock Origi was enough to help Jurgen Klopp's Reds advance. For City, it does little to ease the growing concerns of supporters after a winless start to their Premier League campaign.
Norwich City (3-5-2)
1 Krul (GK)
10 Dowell (on for Lees-Melou, 77)
17 Rashica (on for Mumba, 69)
22 Pukki (on for Tzolis, 69)
- Bookings: Lees-Melou (foul on Jones, 71), Rupp
- 1 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 2 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 7 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 8 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 9 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 10 'Forced into the road': Safety fears over pavement parking
13 Adrian (GK)
14 Henderson (on for Jones, 87)
26 Robertson (on for Tsmikas, 66)
80 Morton (on for Keita, 45)
- Bookings: None
- Added on time: 2 mins/2 mins
- Attendance: 26,353
- Referee: Darren England
4: 0-1 Corner from the Liverpool left, Divock Origi challenges in the air, ball falls nicely for Takumi MINAMINO, who turns on the right point of the six-yard box and fires a shot through Angus Gunn’s legs.
13: Ibrahima Konate heads inches over the bar from a corner on the left.
24: Teenager Kaide Gordon does well to move inside from the left and crack a shot inches wide of Gunn’s near post.
29: Good spell of Norwich pressure ends with Christos Tzolis’s looping header going over.
33: Good football by City, Dimitris Giannoulis works his way down the left, Tzolis flick, but Adam Idah’s shot is weak and straight at the keeper.
41: Tzolis stings the keeper’s hands with a long-range, Giannoulis picks up the pieces, Bradley bundles him over and it’s a penalty. Tzolis goes down the middle and Kelleher saves with his feet.
HALF TIME - NORWICH CITY 0-1 LIVERPOOL
47: Pierre Lees-Melou, off balance, blazes over.
50, 0-2: Kostas Tsimikas puts in a perfect cross from the left an it’s an easy header for the unmarked ORIGI from six yards.
80, 0-3: MINAMINO squeezes the ball past Gunn from close range and it’s game over.
FULL TIME - NORWICH CITY 0-3 LIVERPOOL
Gunn 5; Omobamidele 5, Hanley 4, Gibson 5; Mumba 5, Gilmour 6, Rupp 5, Lees-Melou 5; Tzolis 5, Idah 5. Subs: Pukki N/A, Rashica N/A, Dowell N/A
(Norwich City - Liverpool)
Possession: 47% - 53%
Shots: 12 - 17
Shots on target: 5 -3
Corners: 1- 8
Fouls: 1 - 15