TEAM NEWS LIVE: Norwich City v Liverpool
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke has unveiled a defensive three for Norwich City's League Cup third round home tie against Liverpool at Carrow Road.
Farke indicated at his pre-match press call he would shuffle his pack, with the visitors set to follow suit. The German was true to his word with nine changes from the weekend's league defeat to Watford.
Farke has opted to harness Andrew Omobamidele, Grant Hanley and Ben Gibson in a three, with Bali Mumba and Dimitris Giannoulis as wing backs.
The other notable tweak is a front two with Christos Tzolis and Adam Idah set to form a youthful spearhead.
City take a break from a difficult Premier League start to host the Reds in a repeat of their opening day league fixture in Norfolk.
Our City correspondents Paddy Davitt and Connor Southwell reacted to the team news live from Carrow Road. Recap in the video above.
Follow all the action in our live match centre. The tie will go straight to penalties if the teams are level after normal time.
NCFC Extra: Norwich City boss on his formation dilemma
Norwich City: Gunn, Gibson, Hanley (C), Rupp, Gilmour, Tzolis, Lees-Melou, Mumba, Giannoulis, Idah, Omobamidele. Subs: Krul, Dowell, Kabak, Rashica, Sorensen, Williams, Pukki.
Liverpool: Kelleher, Konate, Keita, Gomez (C), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Minamino, Tsimikas, Origi, Gordon, Bradley. Subs: Adrian, Henderson, Jota, Robertson, Phillips, Morton, Balagizi.
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 3 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 4 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 5 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 6 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 7 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 8 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 9 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 10 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
Referee: Darren England