TEAM NEWS LIVE: Norwich City v Liverpool
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke has unveiled a defensive three for Norwich City's League Cup third round home tie against Liverpool at Carrow Road.
Farke indicated at his pre-match press call he would shuffle his pack, with the visitors set to follow suit. The German was true to his word with nine changes from the weekend's league defeat to Watford.
Farke has opted to harness Andrew Omobamidele, Grant Hanley and Ben Gibson in a three, with Bali Mumba and Dimitris Giannoulis as wing backs.
The other notable tweak is a front two with Christos Tzolis and Adam Idah set to form a youthful spearhead.
City take a break from a difficult Premier League start to host the Reds in a repeat of their opening day league fixture in Norfolk.
Our City correspondents Paddy Davitt and Connor Southwell reacted to the team news live from Carrow Road. Recap in the video above.
Follow all the action in our live match centre. The tie will go straight to penalties if the teams are level after normal time.
NCFC Extra: Norwich City boss on his formation dilemma
Norwich City: Gunn, Gibson, Hanley (C), Rupp, Gilmour, Tzolis, Lees-Melou, Mumba, Giannoulis, Idah, Omobamidele. Subs: Krul, Dowell, Kabak, Rashica, Sorensen, Williams, Pukki.
Liverpool: Kelleher, Konate, Keita, Gomez (C), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Minamino, Tsimikas, Origi, Gordon, Bradley. Subs: Adrian, Henderson, Jota, Robertson, Phillips, Morton, Balagizi.
- 1 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 2 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 3 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 4 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 5 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
Referee: Darren England