PRESSER: City v Liverpool - No fresh injuries; Cantwell set to miss out
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s League Cup third round home tie against Liverpool - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
Farke has no fresh fitness issues from those who featured in the 3-1 Premier League defeat to Watford at Carrow Road.
But the City chief did confirm Todd Cantwell is set to miss out due to personal reasons.
Farke made a number of changes to his starting line up for the previous cup win over Bournemouth, with Christos Tzolis and Josh Sargent catching the eye in a 6-0 romp.
Kieran Dowell and Jacob Sorensen were both absent from the Hornets' matchday squad, although Farke revealed in the build up Sorensen had missed some training sessions with a dead leg.
Both were available on Saturday but not selected and the duo are in the mix for the Reds' midweek visit.
Christoph Zimmermann (ankle) is still ruled out. Sam Byram is yet to play any part this season after a setback in the summer, following his long layoff from two hamstring surgeries, while Przemyslaw Placheta had not been under consideration as he recovers from Covid.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 5 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 6 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 9 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
Farke hopes Placheta can re-join training next week, but Byram has yet to train with the first team squad.
Reports in Poland earlier on Monday suggest Placheta has been named in Poland's provisional World Cup squad for next month's upcoming qualifiers against San Marino and Albania.
NCFC Extra: Farke on Norwich City set up
Recap the press conference in the window below, with full reaction and build up to City’s game against Liverpool throughout the rest of the day on pinkun.com