'In talks with other clubs' - City loan export Hernandez set to leave Boro
- Credit: PA
Norwich City winger Onel Hernandez is set to leave Middlesbrough this month, Chris Wilder has confirmed.
The Cuban winger is already in talks with other clubs about his next move after seeing game time limited by Wilder's switch to a 3-5-2 formation.
Hernandez, who has made 17 appearances for Boro in the Championship this season, isn't part of the Canaries' Premier League plans under Dean Smith at present.
Neil Warnock signed him for the Teessiders in the summer but has subsequently departed and replaced by ex-Sheffield United man Wilder, who has overseen a dramatic uplift in performances and results.
Since Wilder's arrival, Hernandez' game time has largely come from the bench. Now Boro has allowed the 28-year-old to explore other opportunities to allow them to do other business in the January window.
"Onel Hernandez is in talks with a couple of other clubs," Wilder confirmed to BBC Radio Tees.
"Onel has been great for me, the same as Uche (Ikpeazu), great attitude but he’s a wide player who plays in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3, a 3-4-3 as a wide player.
- 1 New images show progress of Sweet Briar Road repair
- 2 ANOTHER shop in major city street will soon be empty
- 3 'Rarely available' Victorian home in Golden Triangle on sale for £475k
- 4 Police descend on city home 'frightening the life' out of neighbours
- 5 Driver with expired license overtakes police at 95mph
- 6 Will Sweet Briar Road repairs be completed by the end of the month?
- 7 Single mum summoned to court SIX YEARS after parking charge issued
- 8 'Proper pub grub' with a tapas twist to launch at city boozer
- 9 Where to watch thousands of dominoes topple through Norwich
- 10 Harry Potter-themed shop nominated for award six weeks after opening
“From a financial point of view, it’s quite a big number for somebody now at the top of the pitch whose game time will be limited.”