'In talks with other clubs' - City loan export Hernandez set to leave Boro
- Credit: PA
Norwich City winger Onel Hernandez is set to leave Middlesbrough this month, Chris Wilder has confirmed.
The Cuban winger is already in talks with other clubs about his next move after seeing game time limited by Wilder's switch to a 3-5-2 formation.
Hernandez, who has made 17 appearances for Boro in the Championship this season, isn't part of the Canaries' Premier League plans under Dean Smith at present.
Neil Warnock signed him for the Teessiders in the summer but has subsequently departed and replaced by ex-Sheffield United man Wilder, who has overseen a dramatic uplift in performances and results.
Since Wilder's arrival, Hernandez' game time has largely come from the bench. Now Boro has allowed the 28-year-old to explore other opportunities to allow them to do other business in the January window.
"Onel Hernandez is in talks with a couple of other clubs," Wilder confirmed to BBC Radio Tees.
"Onel has been great for me, the same as Uche (Ikpeazu), great attitude but he’s a wide player who plays in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3, a 3-4-3 as a wide player.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 £3.1m roadworks on new bus lane and crossings could last for ONE YEAR
- 3 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 4 Busy road to partially close for line repainting at end of new bus lane
- 5 Could ANOTHER McDonald's be coming to Norwich?
- 6 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 7 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 8 Seven-bed Edwardian home with heated swimming pool for sale
- 9 See inside this Tudor townhouse for sale for £325,000
- 10 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
“From a financial point of view, it’s quite a big number for somebody now at the top of the pitch whose game time will be limited.”