PRESSER: Arsenal v City - McLean boost, Giannoulis out; Sargent a doubt
- Credit: PA
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League game at Arsenal - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
Farke has had limited time to work with all his squad due to the international period, but the City head coach has some added options since defeat to Leicester City with Mathias Normann and Ozan Kabak both in the building.
Farke confirmed the duo are fit and available after international duty. Kenny McLean is also in the mix despite pulling out of Scotland's World Cup qualifying win in Austria for assessment on a knee issue.
The midfielder returned to team training on Thursday and if he suffers no adverse reaction will be in the mix for the Gunners' test.
Dimitris Giannoulis (back/neck) is out after his international duty with Greece. US forward Josh Sargent is also a major doubt with a hamstring issue following his transatlantic return.
Meanwhile, Christoph Zimmermann (ankle) is ruled out this weekend after suffering an issue at training in recent days.
Bali Mumba, however, has returned to team training following a knee issue which ruled him out of contention for the previous Premier League game against Leicester City.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 Looking back at one of the city's favourite outdoor swimming pools
Przemyslaw Placheta is yet to play any part this season due to the effects of Covid.
Christos Tzolis did make a return from a calf issue for Greece in a match-defining midweek cameo. Farke admitted at his pre-match press call there was an element of risk with Tzolis joining up with Greece.
The exciting teenage attacker has yet to feature in the Premier League for his new club.
Recap the press conference in the window below, with full reaction and build up to City’s game at Arsenal throughout the rest of the day on pinkun.com