Search

Norwich Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 11°C

min temp: 5°C

Daniel Farke on Norwich City’s transfer strategy for the final push

PUBLISHED: 14:21 27 January 2018 | UPDATED: 09:05 28 January 2018

Daniel Farke is looking to have a quiet end to the transfer window. 
Picture: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd

Daniel Farke is looking to have a quiet end to the transfer window. Picture: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd

©Focus Images Limited www.focus-images.co.uk +447814 482222

Daniel Farke is willing to let the madness of the transfer window finale pass him by.

Norwich City completed a triple raid on his homeland earlier this week to add Onel Hernandez, Dennis Srbeny and Moritz Leitner to the German’s squad.

The likes of Todd Cantwell and Harry Toffolo may head out on loan, but Farke would be happy to see no more business between now and next Wednesday’s 11pm deadline

Farke also confirmed on Friday there was nothing in national press reports James Maddison was on West Ham’s radar.

“Normally I don’t comment because it is a topic for Stuart Webber. But in this regard no bid, no offer, no telephone call. Nothing in this,” he said. “For that I don’t expect anything to happen.

“We want to go further on with James, who is a key player for us and has been outstanding.

“If you ask me now, then I say no players will leave.

“If there is an unbelievably silly amount from PSG, yes, I know I have mentioned that before, then the board may have a decision to make. From my side, no player will go out.

“With four or five days to go there are no guarantees.

“But to be honest, we have done more business than I would have expected in January. I am really looking forward to the window closing.

“I am pretty happy we have brought in some very good players. Something stupid or outstanding can happen and we will be prepared, but I don’t expect any other business.”

MORE: Have your say on our Pinkun forum

Marley Watkins was the subject of a reported bid from Bristol City earlier in the window. Farke, however, expects the Welsh international to stay, after questioning his attitude last week.

“We are not so happy with his first six months. He is not happy either.

“He knows he can play much better,” said the City head coach.

“For two weeks he was not really there in his head on the training pitch but this week he was much better.

“If a good squad like Bristol, who are pretty close to promotion, is willing to consider a bid for him then it tells me and him there is a lot of potential there. We believe in him. He has a good mentality, a British player who we want to go further on with.

“He knows he has to improve and that we are not 100pc content with him. But hard work will always earn benefits and if he shows the same attitude he will become important for us.”

For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Group Football Editor Paddy Davitt on the following channels…

Paddy Davitt on Twitter @paddyjdavitt

Paddy Davitt on Instagram @pj_davitt

Paddy Davitt on Periscope @paddyjdavitt

Related articles

Sport Most Read

Digital Edition

cover

Enjoy the Evening News
digital edition

Subscribe

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Norwich Evening News daily newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy