PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship game against Coventry City - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
Farke confirmed Tim Krul is out for three weeks after his first half departure in Tuesday's 3-2 win at Stoke City with a thigh muscle issue.
Teemu Pukki (hamstring) is also ruled out this weekend and a doubt for Luton next week after his second half departure in the Potteries. Marco Stiepermann (head) is available after his second half exit at Stoke but Emi Buendia is suspended after his midweek sending off.
Kenny McLean (knee), Todd Cantwell (hip) and Jordan Hugill (shoulder) are out for the next few weeks, with McLean and Hugill hoping to avoid a longer term absence.
Xavi Quintilla (hip) remains sidelined, with Farke unwilling to provide a timeline on his potential return.
You may also want to watch:
Onel Hernandez (adductor), Kieran Dowell (ankle), Sam Byram (hamstring), Adam Idah (knee) and Bali Mumba (knee) are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
Moritz Leitner is not part of the plans for the new season. Josip Drmic is unavailable in the short term as he undergoes a period of quarantine after treatment on an injury in Switzerland. Farke hinted he might come back into his thoughts if he is without his frontline strikers in two to three weeks.
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 3 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 6 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 7 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 8 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Military begin coronavirus support at hospital
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the key points in the window above, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game against the Sky Blues throughout the day on pinkun.com