Arsenal star a doubt for City clash
- Credit: PA
Arsenal danger man Emile Smith Rowe is a doubt for the Premier League clash against Norwich City this weekend.
The 21-year-old was sent home from the England Under-21 camp because of illness and looks likely to miss Saturday’s game against the Canaries.
Smith-Rowe missed the Under-21s' 2-0 win against Kosovo earlier this week and manager Lee Carsley confirmed the Gunners’ academy product couldn’t play a part.
“[Smith Rowe] was just feeling unwell so we decided to send him back to Arsenal,” he told Sky Sports.
“He didn’t feel 100 per cent so the best thing to do for Emile was to send him back.”
You may also want to watch:
The news will come as a blow to Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta, who is reportedly fighting for his future at the Emirates following a poor start to the season.
The Gunners currently sit bottom of the table following three successive losses against Brentford, Chelsea and Manchester City.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 7 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later