Adams: Sheffield United made Norwich City look average
AUDIO: Sheffield United boss Micky Adams argued that his players made the Canaries look 'average' despite the result at Bramall Lane.
Adams is still looking for his first win as manager of the Blades after a 2-1 defeat that left them fourth from bottom of the Championship.
'It's a cruel game,' he complained. 'Today I thought for long periods of the game we dominated it but just couldn't get the ball in the back of the net.
'We needed a goal in the first half but, having said that, I thought it was the best we've played since I've been here.
'We've played a top five side today and at times made them look average. I think that's got to be encouraging for us.'
You may also want to watch:
Adams claimed there were fouls in the build-up to both Andrew Crofts' goals for City.
He said: 'The first one, leading up to the corner, there was quite clearly a trip on Kyle Bartley, which the referee missed. It went out for a corner, the ball then went into a box and there was a foul on Steve Simonsen, in our view – obviously Paul (Lambert) will see it slightly different to me, but he would do. And then the second goal, Ched Evans cleared the ball and the fella' jumped into him. It was a foul and he missed that as well. It's gone against us today. I'm sure in the coming weeks we'll get decisions that will benefit us but today we've had decisions go against us.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 10 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
'When you're down at the bottom it goes against you – you hope during the course of the season it evens itself out.'
City boss Lambert sympathised with Adams, saying: 'I can understand if Micky has a grievance. I would probably be the same if my goalkeeper's been blocked or whatever, but there's so much movement in the penalty box that it's hard to pick up at times.
'But Micky will turn it round because he's got the crowd on his side.'