Norfolk youngsters pipped by Suffolk at Anglian Schools Cross Country Championships
Suffolk pipped Norfolk in the Anglian Schools Cross Country Championships in Northamptonshire.
The undemanding Corby courses enabled Norfolk's best to flourish. The under-17 girls easily won the 3.3km team race, led by Nastassja Potgeiter in third with Catherine Lee seventh and Mabel Becket eighth.
Iona Lake took a superb second in the senior girls' race, with Esme Salmon third and Juliet Broster fourth.
The under-15 girls finished second thanks to Ellie Drake's sixth, while City of Norwich runner Megan Soanes finished second – for Suffolk.
Luke Spear won the under-13 boys, while Ashley Waterson took third in the under-15 boys' 5km.
You may also want to watch:
Sean Watson was third in the under-17 boys' 6km race, with Scott Greeves 12th; Tom Gosling was 17th in the senior boys' race.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 6 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station