Mortimer earns title hat-trick at Norfolk badminton championships
Lauren Mortimer became the third player to win a hat-trick of titles at this season's Norfolk Junior Championships.
Following in the footsteps of Tom Hinks (under-17) and Devon Minnis (under-15), Mortimer won the under-13 girls' singles title, as runner-up Kate Sawyer found her quality too much to handle.
But the two girls teamed up to comfortably win the level doubles from Atlanta Harrison and Beth Underwood.
Mortimer then made it three in a row, partnering Sean Lott to clinch the mixed doubles with George Vickers and Sawyer worthy runners-up.
The boys' singles produced some of the best badminton of the day. Group One top seed Robbie Hobson emerged as winner with James Salter second, while the second group saw Vickers top Lott by one point.
You may also want to watch:
The two top maintained their momentum to reach the final, where Vickers had to settle for second, losing out to Hobson 22-20. But there was consolation for Vickers; he teamed up with Hobson to take the boys' doubles, beating Lott and Salter.
• Norfolk's Under-17 team opened their Shires League season with a 14-6 away defeat against Cambridgeshire.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 6 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
The squad included Tom Hinks, Chris Parrott, James Bailey, Josh Kent, Devon Minnis, Amy Sharman, Lauren Read and Rebecca Lears.