Lowestoft and Yarmouth’s Williamson gets Eastern Counties chance
Talented Joshua Williamson is the latest Lowestoft and Yarmouth player to represent the Eastern Counties.
Josh, who plays for L&Y's Under-17 side, made his debut on Sunday against the Yorkshire county side at Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club.
Josh has played at L&Y since the age of eight and would like to express his thanks to all the coaches that have help develop his game during that time.
He would especially like to thank Steve Durrant, club coaching co-ordinator, for his encouragement and his faith in nominating him for the Eastern Counties squad, as well as Jerry Stone and Anthony Norman for their assistance in travelling to the trials.
L&Y have a useful junior development set-up, which includes non-contact rugby for girls' from five to 12, and for boys from five to nine.
You may also want to watch:
The club also holds the mini and youth rugby seal of approval from the sport's governing association, the RFU.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 6 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing