Lotus find a perfect way to stay in the headlines
Michael BaileyNorfolk's Formula One marque Lotus Racing has announced the world's leading news network, CNN International, as a new "long-term" sponsor. The American television network will feature on this season's T127 cars, as well as the helmets and overalls of drivers Heikki Kovalainen and Jarno Trulli, and the rest of the Lotus team.Michael Bailey
Norfolk's Formula One marque Lotus Racing has announced the world's leading news network, CNN International, as a new "long-term" sponsor. The American television network will feature on this season's T127 cars, as well as the helmets and overalls of drivers Heikki Kovalainen and Jarno Trulli, and the rest of the Lotus team.
A delighted Lotus team principal Tony Fernandes said: "We are very proud to welcome CNN into the Lotus Racing family. It is a sign of the positive impact we have already made in the global business market that such a prestigious brand, familiar to millions around the world as the definitive source of news and current affairs, has made the decision to partner with us.
"The whole team and I are looking forward to working with CNN in the months and years to come on some very exciting campaigns."
Lotus are keeping quiet on exactly how much CNN were contributing in return for the exposure on their T127 chassis. But the American company's senior vice president of international advertising sales, Rani Raad, said: "The combination of two such iconic and aspirational global brands fits perfectly with CNN International's worldwide reach and brand positioning."
Having launched its new car and emotive green and yellow livery, the Lotus T127 made its track debut at the final two testing sessions ahead of the new season, at the Spanish circuits in Jerez and Barcelona respectively. The car proved to have good reliability, although it may be off the pace until some aerodynamic updates expected in time for the Barcelon Grand Prix, round five of the championship.
The new season kicks off in Bahrain a week on Sunday.
- 1 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 2 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 3 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 4 Everything you need to know ahead of the Great Norwich Duck Race
- 5 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 6 Pupils reach for the rainbow for Norwich Pride Schools Week
- 7 Pirates, dragons and fireworks light up Lord Mayor's celebrations
- 8 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 9 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 10 'Our lives changed forever' - Parents pay tribute to six-week-old Chloe