Lotus find a perfect way to stay in the headlines
Michael BaileyNorfolk's Formula One marque Lotus Racing has announced the world's leading news network, CNN International, as a new "long-term" sponsor. The American television network will feature on this season's T127 cars, as well as the helmets and overalls of drivers Heikki Kovalainen and Jarno Trulli, and the rest of the Lotus team.Michael Bailey
Norfolk's Formula One marque Lotus Racing has announced the world's leading news network, CNN International, as a new "long-term" sponsor. The American television network will feature on this season's T127 cars, as well as the helmets and overalls of drivers Heikki Kovalainen and Jarno Trulli, and the rest of the Lotus team.
A delighted Lotus team principal Tony Fernandes said: "We are very proud to welcome CNN into the Lotus Racing family. It is a sign of the positive impact we have already made in the global business market that such a prestigious brand, familiar to millions around the world as the definitive source of news and current affairs, has made the decision to partner with us.
"The whole team and I are looking forward to working with CNN in the months and years to come on some very exciting campaigns."
Lotus are keeping quiet on exactly how much CNN were contributing in return for the exposure on their T127 chassis. But the American company's senior vice president of international advertising sales, Rani Raad, said: "The combination of two such iconic and aspirational global brands fits perfectly with CNN International's worldwide reach and brand positioning."
You may also want to watch:
Having launched its new car and emotive green and yellow livery, the Lotus T127 made its track debut at the final two testing sessions ahead of the new season, at the Spanish circuits in Jerez and Barcelona respectively. The car proved to have good reliability, although it may be off the pace until some aerodynamic updates expected in time for the Barcelon Grand Prix, round five of the championship.
The new season kicks off in Bahrain a week on Sunday.
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 3 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 4 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 5 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 6 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 7 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 10 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors