Leicester Tigers date awaits Wymondham youngsters
Wymondham's young rugby stars will get a shot at sampling the matchday atmosphere at Leicester Tigers' Welford Road home this month.
The budding rugby youngsters have made it through to the last eight of the Prima Tiger Cup, after almost 300 players from 16 under-10 teams took part in the Eastern Counties Festival at Swaffham RFC on Sunday.
The festival was one of four held by English champions Tigers, from which eight teams qualified to play at 24,000-capacity Welford Road before the Tigers' first-team performs.
Wymondham qualified after overcoming Bury St Edmunds in a hard fought final, and it is the third successive season a team from Wymondham has reached the last eight.
Charlie Wootton, Wymondham Under-10s administrator, said: 'They are absolutely delighted to get the opportunity to play at Welford Road. Some of them have been together since they were under six and there is a real sense of achievement. To run out in a stadium of that size will be fantastic for them.'
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham will be joined by Ipswich, who also qualified from the Eastern Counties festival, Newark, Leamington, Oadby Wyggestonians, Oakham, Old Coventrians and Sutton Coldfield.
They will play at Welford Road on Saturday before Tigers face Newcastle Falcons in the Aviva Premiership.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
The Prima Tiger Cup, in its 17th season, is a contact tournament open to all under-10 teams from across the country with more than 50 teams entering this season.