Norfolk-born star in PFA team of the year
- Credit: PA
Norfolk star Lauren Hemp has been named in the Professional Footballers' Association Women's Super League team of the year.
Hemp, from North Walsham, joins fellow Manchester City players Sam Mewis, Caroline Weir and Chloe Kelly in the XI. Hemp is also the youngest member, at 20, in the Team GB squad named for the Tokyo Olympics.
Champions Chelsea have five players in the PFA team - goalkeeper Ann-Katrin Berger, defenders Magdalena Eriksson and Maren Mjelde and forwards Fran Kirby and Sam Kerr.
Leah Williamson and Katie McCabe are in from Arsenal, who finished third.
The team is picked by players from WSL clubs. All the players in the PFA team of the year come from the top three clubs, in keeping with the shortlist for the WSL player of the year award, which features three players each from Chelsea and Manchester City.
The PFA awards will be announced on Sunday.
Team of the year: Ann Katrin-Berger (Chelsea), Katie McCabe (Arsenal), Leah Williamson (Arsenal), Magdalena Eriksson (Chelsea), Maren Mjelde (Chelsea), Sam Mewis (Manchester City), Caroline Weir (Manchester City), Sam Kerr (Chelsea),, Chloe Kelly (Manchester City), Fran Kirby (Chelsea), Lauren Hemp (Manchester City).
- 1 New cocktail bar with a twist opens in Norwich
- 2 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 3 'I want to leave Norwich' - Mum's anger after school attack
- 4 Supermarket scraps car park plan over Riverside traffic fears
- 5 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 6 Queues at walk-in centre amid jab confusion
- 7 Norwich bank branch to close
- 8 Norwich barbecue takeaway finally set to reopen
- 9 WATCH: See drone footage of new £1.9m recycling centre
- 10 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins in Norwich over the weekend