Lambert may need another 'keeper
City boss Paul Lambert admits he may have to look for another goalkeeper in the summer.With Fraser Forster's loan from Newcastle up at the end of the season and his parent club back in the Premier League, the Canaries' chances of re-signing him, even on loan, may be slim.
City boss Paul Lambert admits he may have to look for another goalkeeper in the summer.
With Fraser Forster's loan from Newcastle up at the end of the season and his parent club back in the Premier League, the Canaries' chances of re-signing him, even on loan, may be slim.
Forster's form has not only enhanced his chances of senior involvement at St James' Park, but is also bound to have caught the eye of other clubs.
The 19-year-old Declan Rudd was set to make his seventh senior appearance against MK Dons today as Forster completed a two-match ban after his red card at Tranmere on Good Friday.
But Lambert hinted yesterday that Rudd might lack the experience for a possible Championship campaign.
'We will need experience,' he said. 'Dec is only a kid. He has only played a handful of games, even though he's done brilliantly for me. He has a million miles to go.
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 3 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 4 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 5 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 6 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 7 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 8 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 9 Former Norfolk teacher finds success with hit pottery business
- 10 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
'We go up another level if we do go up - I'm not saying we are going to go up, but we are in with a chance - so the higher leagues you go up the harder it becomes for everybody and everybody has to step up to the plate if you're going to do OK. I have to review what is going to happen.'
Lambert knows Forster's performances have brought him wider attention.
He said: 'If people cast an eye over him there is nothing we can do about that. He's a Newcastle player, but for me he has been terrific.'