Lambert may need another 'keeper
City boss Paul Lambert admits he may have to look for another goalkeeper in the summer.With Fraser Forster's loan from Newcastle up at the end of the season and his parent club back in the Premier League, the Canaries' chances of re-signing him, even on loan, may be slim.
City boss Paul Lambert admits he may have to look for another goalkeeper in the summer.
With Fraser Forster's loan from Newcastle up at the end of the season and his parent club back in the Premier League, the Canaries' chances of re-signing him, even on loan, may be slim.
Forster's form has not only enhanced his chances of senior involvement at St James' Park, but is also bound to have caught the eye of other clubs.
The 19-year-old Declan Rudd was set to make his seventh senior appearance against MK Dons today as Forster completed a two-match ban after his red card at Tranmere on Good Friday.
You may also want to watch:
But Lambert hinted yesterday that Rudd might lack the experience for a possible Championship campaign.
'We will need experience,' he said. 'Dec is only a kid. He has only played a handful of games, even though he's done brilliantly for me. He has a million miles to go.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 6 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 7 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 10 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
'We go up another level if we do go up - I'm not saying we are going to go up, but we are in with a chance - so the higher leagues you go up the harder it becomes for everybody and everybody has to step up to the plate if you're going to do OK. I have to review what is going to happen.'
Lambert knows Forster's performances have brought him wider attention.
He said: 'If people cast an eye over him there is nothing we can do about that. He's a Newcastle player, but for me he has been terrific.'