Lambert may need another 'keeper
City boss Paul Lambert admits he may have to look for another goalkeeper in the summer.With Fraser Forster's loan from Newcastle up at the end of the season and his parent club back in the Premier League, the Canaries' chances of re-signing him, even on loan, may be slim.
City boss Paul Lambert admits he may have to look for another goalkeeper in the summer.
With Fraser Forster's loan from Newcastle up at the end of the season and his parent club back in the Premier League, the Canaries' chances of re-signing him, even on loan, may be slim.
Forster's form has not only enhanced his chances of senior involvement at St James' Park, but is also bound to have caught the eye of other clubs.
The 19-year-old Declan Rudd was set to make his seventh senior appearance against MK Dons today as Forster completed a two-match ban after his red card at Tranmere on Good Friday.
You may also want to watch:
But Lambert hinted yesterday that Rudd might lack the experience for a possible Championship campaign.
'We will need experience,' he said. 'Dec is only a kid. He has only played a handful of games, even though he's done brilliantly for me. He has a million miles to go.
- 1 Riverside dog-friendly bar opens in city for summertime
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 4 Major names coming to Norwich as big top to be erected in Cathedral Close
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Botanical Garden Bar returning to Norwich after 'huge level of interest'
- 7 Man, 28, wanted by police in Norfolk
- 8 Is it time to give St Stephens Street a revamp?
- 9 Cut above the rest: Hair salon premises for sale
- 10 Car and lorry crash on busy Norwich road
'We go up another level if we do go up - I'm not saying we are going to go up, but we are in with a chance - so the higher leagues you go up the harder it becomes for everybody and everybody has to step up to the plate if you're going to do OK. I have to review what is going to happen.'
Lambert knows Forster's performances have brought him wider attention.
He said: 'If people cast an eye over him there is nothing we can do about that. He's a Newcastle player, but for me he has been terrific.'