Lack of killer touch leads to Penney frustrations
Dave Penney was greeted with calls for his head to roll as Oldham fans become increasingly frustrated by their team's relegation battle. The Latics have faced three of the top four - City, Leeds and Colchester - in their last three games, and have nothing to show for their efforts.
Dave Penney was greeted with calls for his head to roll as Oldham fans become increasingly frustrated by their team's relegation battle.
The Latics have faced three of the top four - City, Leeds and Colchester - in their last three games, and have nothing to show for their efforts.
And boss Penney was left to rue their lack of killer instinct as Grant Holt condemned them to another week of misery.
"Our performance was excellent, but it's the same old story of not putting the ball in the net," said Penney.
"We made really good chances and gave the leaders a tough game, but it feels like I'm saying the same thing every week.
"The players' commitment and work rate was first class, and I cannot fault that part of our game. If we keep turning in those performances we will pick up points, but we haven't scored enough goals all season.
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 3 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 4 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 5 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 6 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 7 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 8 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 9 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 10 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
"I thought we matched them well - we have done enough in the game, but we have not taken our chances.
"We had chances top score - we had an effort cleared off the line and their goalkeeper made good saves. That is the difference between teams at the top and the bottom of the league - you take your chances well.
"We were disappointed with the goal we conceded. We can always pick fault with every goal we let in."