Hewett OBs move clear in Sunday League 2A
- Credit: Archant
Hewett OBs are three points clear at the top of Norwich Sunday league Division 2A, after goals by Callum Speck (2), Nathan Page (2), Ashley Smith, Oli Dodds and Jake Hagg enabled them to beat Brooke Res 7-1.
Winfarthing won by the odd goal in seven at MC Rovers whilst DCS Rapid were 2-1 (Jamie Childs, Darragh Walsh) winners at Warwick St Utd Reserves.
Norwich Ceyms are 11 points clear at the top of 2B after a 6-1 win at home to Hethersett Athletic Reserves. North Walsham moved up to second with three games in hand after Ryan Beeson scored seven in a big win at Sporting Iceni, whilst Barracks FC are fourth following a 4-2 win at Sprowston Athletic.
Harvey Harwood and Will Thurston scored in Blofield United's 2-1 win at Harleston Town and after moving back to their own ground for the first time since fire damaged their premises, Bunwell AFC ran out 4-1 winners over East Tuddenham. Luke Stone, Tom Harvey, Nathan Soloman and Liam Slaughter the men on target.
The top two in 3A met at The Fountain, and it was leaders Woolpack who took the points after beating Marlborough 5-1. Drayton Dazzlers are now second after beating Eaton Park Corinthians, whilst Cotman United scored five when winning at Nelsons Athletic.
Longdale Rovers Reserves were another side to hit five as they won at Woodton United.
There were a couple of big wins by teams on their travels in the Under 19 A Division. Scole United scored 11 at Swanton Morley and Long Stratton hit 10 on their long trip to Grasshoppers.
- 1 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 2 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 3 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 4 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 5 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 6 Hidden city garden opening with live music and plant sale
- 7 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 8 Can you spot yourself in these photos of Norwich Lanes Summer Fayre 2022?
- 9 Norfolk areas with the most and fewest Covid deaths in 2020 and 2021
- 10 Norfolk cheese restaurant is launching bottomless brunch this summer
Alex Curran hit a hat-trick in Hethersett Athletic's 4-3 win at Heigham Park Rangers. James Cowan also scored whilst goals for the home side came from Jack Warminger, Jake Beales and Thor Forster.
In the B Division, Easton won 3-1 at home to Acle Rangers and St Andrews won by the same score at Hellesdon, Esube Macembela, Jake Jackson and Gutin Datacompol scoring for Saints.
In the County Cups, Salhouse Rovers were knocked out of the Senior by El Sol of the Yarmouth League. SNS FC also went out of the Intermediate at Windmill of Yarmouth, but Hellesdon went through to the semi-finals, winning 2-0 at Micawbers Tavern.