Hellesdon youngsters send off Christmas gifts to Serbia
A group of youngsters from a Norwich pre-school have helped to make Christmas special for children living thousands of miles away in Serbia.
Pupils at Hellesdon pre-school in Kinsale Avenue helped to pack 24 boxes which will be sent to children living in Novi Sad as part of the Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child appeal.
The children, aged between three and four, filled the boxes with soap, sponges, toothbrushes, toys, colouring pencils and notebooks.
Pre-school manager, June Wilson, said: 'It was a record number of boxes for us.
'We did it last year and had about 13.
You may also want to watch:
'We will definitely do it again next year.'
Some children created boxes at home with their parents while others worked together in class.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 7 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
Mrs Wilson added: 'They did it as part of circle time.
'We asked them to all pick one item to put in the box and talked about the toys they had at home and the toys the children had where the shoe boxes were going.
'A lot of parents also explained the reason behind the boxes to them. We are really grateful to the parents.
'We had already had a fantastic response to children in need and had raised nearly �500.
'We really appreciate their support, especially when times are tough.'
Is your school doing something for charity? Contact reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772495 or email firstname.lastname@example.org