Great Yarmouth trio succeed at Potters again
Three youngsters from Great Yarmouth Indoor Bowls Club have retained the under-14 title at the junior tournament, held at Potters Leisure Resort during the World Indoor Championships.
Brothers Lewis and Adam Comerfield, and Frasier Thompson, once again stole the show on the famous portable rink before an appreciative crowd of more than 600, beating Acle IBC trio Owen Arnold, Jack Larter and Thomas Cooper 12-10 in the 10-end final.
A consolation for the young Acle boys was the achievement of a full house count of six shots on the final end, to earn Hot Shot medals from Anglia Bowls.
Seven other clubs from the eastern region – Norfolk, Gallow, Beccles, North Walsham, Mid Suffolk, City of Ely and Colchester – were involved in the under-14 qualifying tournament, held on one of Potters' two blue carpeted rinks during the World Indoor Championships.
The under-17's title was retained by Mid-Suffolk, who defeated North Walsham's Dean Pinder, Lewis Pinder and Rhys Lloyd 12-10 in the decider.
You may also want to watch:
Also represented were County Arts, Beccles, Browston Hall, Colchester, West Row, Great Yarmouth, City of Ely, Gallow and Acle.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 10 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work