Great Yarmouth trio succeed at Potters again
Three youngsters from Great Yarmouth Indoor Bowls Club have retained the under-14 title at the junior tournament, held at Potters Leisure Resort during the World Indoor Championships.
Brothers Lewis and Adam Comerfield, and Frasier Thompson, once again stole the show on the famous portable rink before an appreciative crowd of more than 600, beating Acle IBC trio Owen Arnold, Jack Larter and Thomas Cooper 12-10 in the 10-end final.
A consolation for the young Acle boys was the achievement of a full house count of six shots on the final end, to earn Hot Shot medals from Anglia Bowls.
Seven other clubs from the eastern region – Norfolk, Gallow, Beccles, North Walsham, Mid Suffolk, City of Ely and Colchester – were involved in the under-14 qualifying tournament, held on one of Potters' two blue carpeted rinks during the World Indoor Championships.
The under-17's title was retained by Mid-Suffolk, who defeated North Walsham's Dean Pinder, Lewis Pinder and Rhys Lloyd 12-10 in the decider.
You may also want to watch:
Also represented were County Arts, Beccles, Browston Hall, Colchester, West Row, Great Yarmouth, City of Ely, Gallow and Acle.
- 1 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR
- 7 Plans to demolish historic pub approved just days after suspected arson attack
- 8 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 9 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 10 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving